Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Things I've Sewn Lately: Polka Dot Sewaholic Pendrell Blouse

I've been spending all my free time planning my wedding over here in the suburbs, but I've taken the time to sew a few non-wedding-related items here and there. 

Recently, for instance, I made up the Sewaholic Pendrell blouse. 


The wonderful Jennifer of Workroom Social posted a while back that she'd made a couple of muslins from her Pendrell, but it wasn't working for her. And so she offered a trade, which I was only too happy to take.

I sent her a really cute McCall's sundress pattern and she sent me the Pendrell. She's a tracer, so it wasn't even cut.


Of course you know I cut it out before I made it. Because Sewaholic always fits me and, well, ain't nobody (except Jennifer) got time to trace everything. ;-)


The fabric is a yard of cotton (?) from Chic Fabrics in New York.

I adore polka dots, so when I saw this one on sale for $5 a yard, I snapped up a yard for a summery top.


I cut a straight size six and the fit, to my eye, is great. The top is nice and long -- it hits me appropriately mid-hip.


The only downside to such a great fit is that this top is a bit difficult to put on and take off. I definitely was not so smart and smudged some foundation onto the inside neckline the first time I wore this, so I need to be more careful of that in the future.

The neckline and armholes are bound with self bias strips that are turned under, which makes for a super lovely and clean finish.


I usually only keep black and white serger thread around, so sewing a white blouse with matching serger thread made me inordinately happy. So nice and clean! 


This was a great make and I've already worn it a couple times. I'm especially enamored with the way it looks with my new Levi skinny jeans and black wedges.

As a side note, I finally caved a few weeks ago and bought new jeans and I'm loving the fact that Levi's now sells jeans in relation to the amount of hip curve they have. This is the "bold" curve -- aka most pear-shaped -- style. Love!


I definitely see many more Pendrell blouses in my future. It's a staple that looks great tucked into a skirt or untucked with pants and it's a new favorite for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment