Thursday, June 6, 2013

Me-Made May -- Week 5 and Final Thoughts

By the last week, I was getting pretty sick of Me-Made May. Don't get me wrong -- I love wearing my me-mades! But the whole taking pictures every day got old realllll fast.

In addition, as I was writing this up, I realized that until the end of week five, I was just re-wearing stuff from the previous week. So, in the interest of not boring you to death, I'll do only the two cute/new outfits I wore in week 5.

On day 29, I wore another Tiramisu dress. What can I say? I liked it so much I made two. Expect a post on this pattern ASAP, because I adored it.


The only other cute outfit I wore this week was for day 31. It's another New Look 6808 and a khaki twill Ginger skirt. I love this outfit. I feel really good when I wear it and it's super comfy! (Excuse the wrinkles, this photo was snapped post-work.)



And just like that, Me-Made May is over! Whew.

Surprises from the month: I never really noticed how much I wear the same outfit over and over when I work at home. I tend to just throw on leggings or yoga pants with a shawl or sweatshirt and call it a day. You know what's also surprising? Don't really care, either. No one sees me but Greg and the dog and neither of them notice if I wear the same outfit over and over. Gets pretty awkward, though, if you take your picture every day.

What I made this month: Two Tiramisu dresses and a Pavlova top and skirt. Apparently May was Cake Patterns Month!

What I need more of: Skirts and dresses. Always more skirts and dresses. I could probably stand to have a second pair of shorts, too, even though I don't wear them very frequently.

Would I do it again? Definitely maybe. I proved that I could do it -- and I can! But with as much as I work at home, I really don't know that my clothes are all that exciting.

In general, this was a fun experience, if only because I felt like I was bonding with my fellow bloggers through shared experience. And special thanks to Zoe for hosting!

If you're interested in catching up on the rest of my Me-Made May:

No comments:

Post a Comment