Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Wearable Archer Muslin

Before we left on our trip, I made a muslin of the Grainline Studios Archer shirt (it being Archer Appreciation Month, after all!) I originally had planned to add this to my last post, but it seemed a bit too disjointed. So here's a mini post to round out the year.


I made the shirt from a king-sized 100 percent cotton sheet I got at Ikea in the As-Is bin for $10. Definitely a nice shirt to throw on top of a swimsuit and the muslin process went very well -- I just need to add a good amount of length before I sew up my final version in plaid flannel. Maybe 3-5 inches?


I went all-machine on this one -- I even sewed the buttons on by machine! I love finding reasons to test out all of my fancy machine features. I don't think this is a feature I'll use all the time, but it was fun to try and I was limited on time before we left for the trip.


Archer is a great pattern and I can't wait to get started on my plaid flannel version next! There isn't much I'm planning to change -- I just have to decide which pieces I want to cut on the bias.

Hope you all had wonderful holidays and are planning to ring in the new year with style. See you in 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment