Sunday, December 8, 2013

Things I've Sewn Lately: Avocado for Women

I posted last week about the Avocado hoodie I made for Greg, but I also wanted to show off one I made for myself. 


This one is out of plain old apparel fleece from JoAnn's, which was on sale for $3 a yard a couple weeks ago. The lining for the pockets and hood is a small piece of black stretchy fabric I had left over from something else. Which means that this project came in SUPER cheap. Love that!


This hoodie is super snuggly and I wear it all the time.

I actually made a different Avocado for myself before this one, out of heart-print terry fabric (I know, I know, another heart print -- I swear I can't help it!) I bought off Etsy from South Korea. Unfortunately, since it wasn't very stretchy, I sized up, and I don't particularly care for the fit. Also, I royally messed up the hood on that one.


For this one, I sized down to my correct size and I couldn't be more pleased with the fit. The one thing I did need to seriously fix, though, was the sleeve length. For some reason, possibly fabric-related, I had to add a TON of length to the bottom part of the sleeves where the thumb hole is to make the sleeves long enough for me. (Could also be my ape arms -- I'm fairly tall.)


Of course I put the awesome back pockets in this one, so that Greg has a place to warm his hand when he's got his arm around me.


I love the style lines on this hoodie -- they are so different from a normal hoodie and they make it much more flattering than your average college-style hoodie.


I did MUCH better with this one's hood. I had to think carefully about the overlap, but I finally got it together.


And here's a close-up of those sleeves I had to lengthen.


I'm wearing the hoodie here with some Jalie leggings and a Sewaholic Renfrew, which is a go-to outfit for me these days.

Not a whole lot else to say about the pattern since I reviewed it fairly thoroughly in my last post, but definitely a pattern I'll make again. I love this outfit for working at home and when I like a pattern, I tend to make it several times. I was like that with RTW clothing too, back when I bought my clothing. If I find something that I like, that fits well and is comfortable, I want multiples!

How about you? Do you like multiples of the same garment? Or is that just me? ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment